Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Inspiration: Spring Summer 12 Photo Shoot

So... I've mentioned the inspiration for the collection - but here's a little thought on inspiration for the shoot.

Summer to me means getting the chance to celebrate sunshine and water.

Do you remember being little and getting the chance to swim at a public pool?  No? Fine... well, play along with me here for a moment. 

The light was super bright, the floor was cold and concrete, the walls were too, everything wreaked of chlorine, and the faster you could wriggle into your swim suit, the faster you could beg to have your camp counselor throw you into the water.  When I was 5, my face hadn't quite grown into my lips yet, so my counselors nicked name me after my favorite rock star Mic Jagger.  Throwing me into the water went hand-in-hand with screaming "JAGGER BOMB!!!"  Even though I was only 5, I felt so cool and grown up.  Not only did I know who Mic Jagger was, but I was representing him.  I wanted to channel that kid/adult summer fantasy at the shoot.

I was going for a super post-modern pool/bath house feel...Think 1940's styling imagined for 2040... and sun!  Plenty of sun!  Bret's lighting echoed that super sunny feeling, the spot we found to shoot at seemed to be transplanted from the hallway of every public pool locker room in America, and I chose to style my pieces with highwaisted grannie panties that felt more like 1940's bathing suits and super bright neon bras that looked like bikini tops. 

Everything fell into place in such an incredible way that I still can't stop pinching myself today. 

Here are a few more pics.

More inspiration to follow...

No comments: