Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sketches for DIY with IOU

-1793832639

So excited to finally get started on the @source4style @iouproject DIY with IOU collection! Taxes and studio cleaning have kept me away from the computer and from this project, but now that both are wrapping up, I'm excited to jump back into things, beginning first with the challenge of designing zero waste wovens again after I've been knitting for so long.

I'm heading back to my studio now and can't wait to open my package of Madras (Lungi) fabric!
I wonder what it will look like in person since I've only seen a small picture of it. And I can't wait to scan the barcode to learn the story behind my fabric!

Here are some quick sketches of my initial ideas... I'll be in touch as more develops.

I'm so honored to be amongst such a talented group of designers working on this project. It's hard to think of it as a contest. I really think it's just an awesome opportunity to work with gorgeous and completely traceable fabric. So so cool!

No comments: