Friday, September 9, 2011

Spring 12 inspiration: Restless Rainbow

-1968281210

Man I have been MIA. Fashion's Night Out has come and gone, but I'm still not even done with posts from last weekend!

I have outfit posts, inspiration posts, and picture posts to come... but I also have almost 1,000 images to go through from the incredibly talented Mr. Grafton. I have to get through them asap so that lookbooks and line sheets can get done all before Rendezvous Trade Show at NYC market, um... next week!! Yikes a Rooney! Yes Mr. Patterson. Oh Ferris Buller, such an iconic Chicago Movie! Which leads to the reason for my post.

The iconic Chicago skyline as seen through Pae White's "Restless Rainbow" installation at the Art Institute of Chicago's Modern Wing. As soon as I saw the installation all of my thoughts on color and light for the spring 12 collection came together. The piece caused a bit of controversy as it significantly altered the space where many summer weddings were to take place, but when I saw it I immediately fell over the rainbow in love! What do you think of the installation? If you're in or have been to Chicago have you had the chance to see it?

No comments: