Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thanks for the ideablob love!

Well...


We didn't win ideablob.


It's true - we were in the running against education and cervical cancer.


Even I, who needed the money more than I could ever begin to explain, felt guilty voting for myself when making the choice between education and cervical cancer.


Yet, somehow you all did it.

You voted for me.

You signed up and you voted. A lot.

I can't thank you enough.

I have to admit, it's been scary. I really thought this was it, I was going under from having too many orders... you know the old adage "too much of a good thing"... well, when you own a small design company where you have to manufacture everything months before you ship to stores and you don't have enough in the bank to make what you have on paper... well... Then you get down on your hands and knees and beg each and every person you know to vote.

I have to thank everyone out there for all of your support.

While I didn't win, I am still here - thanks to accion chicago http://www.accionchicago.org/ and the duman microenterprise loan http://www.jvschicago.org/

No matter what the outcome was, Ideabob is one of the neatest things I've seen in a while.

Thank you for taking part.

No comments: